No matter if it’s your first trip to the Coast, or if you’ve visited Gulf Shores and Orange Beach for years, taking a fishing trip during your vacation is always an adventure! Booking a trip may seem overwhelming at first, but it’s really quite simple. Here are a few easy steps, plus some great tips!
You can, of course rent your own boat and voyage on your own, but most beginners will find taking a chartered boat to be the more economical and logical option. Before you choose a charter service, you’ll need to determine what kind of trip you’re interested in taking.
- Inshore or Deep Sea Excursion
- Half Day, Full Day, or Overnight Trip
- Are you ok with a shared trip or do you want the boat to you and your group only?
- Do you want your charter to offer fish cleaning services?
The next step is actually choosing your charter. On the Alabama Gulf Coast, we’re home to a huge fleet of fishing charters and captains, but here are a few to get you started.
- Action Charter Service
- Captain Ty Fleming
- Getaway Charters
- Miss Brianna Fishing Charters
- Reel in Fun Charters
- Southern Bend Charters
- Zeke’s Charter Fleet
Your charter company will provide items like fishing gear, tackle, and the fishing license, however you’ll need to prepare for your trip by grabbing the following:
- Seasickness medication you may require
- Non-slip shoes
- Sun protection (hat, fishing shirt, sunglasses, rain jackets)
- Cooler with ice (if the charter you chose does not provide ice)
For more details about fishing in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, head to GulfShores.com/fishing.